- Use only carbide tools
- K10, lead angle to work ~ 5°
- Rake angle 0 - 10°
- v = 200 - 250 m/min
- First rough-turn and/or finish turning parts
- s rough turning ~ 0,25 - 0,5 mm/rev
- s smoothing < 0,15mm/rev.
- Select a cutting edge angle of 45° where possible
When turning workpieces whose exit side has already been finally planed, take these with the minor cutting edge of the turning chisel and then return only when ready. This prevents the workpiece from breaking out on the exit side.
Superfinish of running surfaces
To ensure first-rate surface quality, a feed motion of 0.03 mm / rev. should be selected for superfinishing. Best surface quality is achieved by diamond cutting.
Using only carbide-tipped twist or flat drills on the drill press, cutting angle ~ 90°, v = 40 m / min, drilling with SS spiral drill v = 15 - 20 m / min. Clear chips regularly when using a twist drill.